View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydeHaviland View Post
Thank you. Just need an outlet to vent and was hopeful someone would have had some experience with home BP readings.

Today turned out to be a pretty good day. Remy slept alot. The Cerenia tablet (anti-vomiting) which I had on hand seems to have worked. No more vomiting. He would not eat his regular food but I cooked him a fresh sweet potato and he enjoyed three servings spread over several hours and it all stayed down. He wants to play and is drinking water on his own.

For now, I am happy with where things stand. Perhaps the heart meds were still in his system and impacting things. I have never seen him fall down / loose his footing before and these heart meds were the only new variable.

If they lowered his BP too much that would certainly make him faint / loose his balance and make his sick to his stomach.

I am happy we did all the diagnostics so we thoroughly understand his heart situation. Too bad that what is *supposed* to help created an adverse reaction. UC Davis is the best so I don't question their counsel, it is either just a bad fit for him or the BP numbers were artificially overstated due to stress.

I think my best course of treatment is to keep him quiet, keep his exercise light (not to panting - as per vet advice), keep him off the prescribed heart meds, and continue to monitor his heart rate for disease progression.

Prior to the diagnosis of the heart murmur in Nov he had (and still) has absolutely NO visible symptoms that anything is wrong. He has been a perky, active 12 year old that many think is a puppy when they meet him.

So, I hope the disease progresses slowly and that we do not get to congestive heart failure anytime soon. Hoping, praying, and keeping fingers crossed we have our little love bug for several more years.

For anyone needing to monitor heart rate the app I am using is Cardalis (downloading via App store and free). incredibly useful.
I totally understand. It is SO very hard to have sick pups. Remy is lucky to be so loved!
I am happy to hear he had a better day.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!