Thread: My broken heart
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 05:41 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your precious baby. In sudden cases like this we all ask ourselves could I / should I have done more. We put our pets in the hands of our vets to take the best care of them. Having faith and trust in your vet is a priority. We have to trust our vet has made the correct treatment plan for our babies.
In re-reading your thread, you called in a visiting vet for an emergency visit. You don't mention that you followed up the next day with your regular vet nor did you follow up with your regular after the blood work showed pancreatitis and infection.
You cannot beat yourself up or blame yourself, you were following a vets advise.
Here is a link for Metronidazole
http://www.wedgewoodpharmacy.com/lea...inary-use.html

I also found this

People also ask
What antibiotic is used for pancreatitis in dogs?
However, if the dog's white blood cell count is very low, very high or if the dog has a fever, this indicates a secondary infection. The veterinarian may prescribe antibiotics such as amoxicillin (Amoxxi tabs), cephalexin (Keflex), enrofloxacin (Baytril) and metronidazole (Flagyl).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!