View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #8
guliverandmaya
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
I would give her a full week off that paw. My boy is 12 Lbs, when he slammed into the deck lattice and started limping, but was able to jump on and off the bed and sofa, like I said, I knew it was not an ER visit. The next day I wouldn't let him jump off the bed, I put him down, he had just a slight limp. In the afternoon I didn't see him on the sofa but saw him when he jumped up, paw up limping. I put cushions on everything he jumps on and closed the bedroom door so he cannot jump down from anything. I did this for a week, then removed the cushions to see how his leg was. The first jump off there was a slight limp, the cushions went back on for 3 weeks. He is fine now but I won't let him fly out of the back door and jump at that lattice. The longer you let your pup rest that paw the better.
I agree. As I mentioned, maya doesn’t jump onto anything, doesn’t climb stairs so basically she just walks around the house. I never teach my yorkies to jump for that reason, I try to avoid leg injuries as much as possible
guliverandmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!