View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
That was interesting - I've never seen a face-off between two dogs in a show before. I was well please after the class was finish to congratulatory the exhibitors were to one another. Much more so than that many of the Yorkie exhibitions I have been involved with.
It was so interesting to witness in the ring as a judging tool. We've all seen two intact male terriers nose-to-nose in real life with various outcomes but I've only been to a couple of shows but never stayed long enough at ring judging to witness much. And I found that female AKC judge's - I THINK her name is Kimberly Meredith-Cavanaugh from the commentators listed on the Fox Sports listings online and pictures seem to match the woman I remember seeing at intervals during the show - commentary about this being a well-known tool experienced judges could use to quickly bring out the level of "terrierness" in two intact males in the show ring - that endearing quality we all love so much in our terriers, whatever gender.

The judge even went on to start to make a further comment that I took to mean, from the words she had started her sentence with and the tone of her voice, that with chihuahuas this practice could quickly lead to fights - but a male commentator stepped all over her voice with his and I could not hear her full statement. It seemed to be leading in that direction and further things they said afterward seemed to leave the impression that they knew two intact male chihuahuas could be provoked to ritual aggressive type behavior by these encounters.

If no one here who knows the term replies to this thread, I may try emailing her to see if she will answer and provide me with that one word that so well described what the judge was looking for from those two male terriers by placing them nose-to-nose in the ring.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!