View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #17
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
Thank you Matese and LovetoDream88. Have been doing some more research and found an overwhelming opinion that grain free is NOT a good idea per Vets and studies over the past few years. GRAIN FREE IS BAD. Talk to a friend of mine who has a mini schnauzer. She feeds her Purina Pro Plan Focus Small Bites with Lamb and Rice. Her Vet suggested this to her. Little Penny is doing just fine. Vet is pleased and friend is also very pleased. Comments please.
As long as the food is NOT grain free or has limited ingredients it should be a safe food.
The thing is, you are trying to fix dry skin and weeping eyes with a dog food. I asked in another thread if

1-Does your dog have dry skin year round or just in the winter when heat is used.
2-I also asked if you have taken your dog to your vet about the dry skin.

You have not answered these questions.

Your pup may have allergies that are not going to be fixed by changing dog food if it is environment related. Before changing food I suggest you take your pup to your vet first if you have not already done so. You Stated in a post the food your pup is eating for 3 years has not eliminated weeping eyes or dry skin, so to me it is obvious you are trying to fix this with different dog foods. If your pup has weeping eyes it can be from environmental allergies. There are meds to alleviate this, for dry skin fish oils can be added to the food. But you cannot be guessing it is food related. See your vet before changing foods.

My pup gets dry skin in the winter due to house being very warm. My vet told me to use Keri lotion mixed with water in a spray bottle and spray him as needed, this has helped with dry skin, so, your pups dry skin can be a simple fix but you will not know unless you see your vet.
Bottom line
See your vet before changing foods, find out why the constant weeping eyes and dry skin.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!