View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
ParisGene
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thrush/candida in mouth

So to make long story short we recently moved to a new town and had no animals. My daughter came home from school with ringworms. They had an issue with this and I eventually caught it but in my scalp!!!! It took a year to get diagnosed and was a nightmare! I was told I was crazy and lost all faith in everyone because no one believed me that I had something. Mentally it broke me then I lost my daddy in july on my birthday he was my best friend...luckily I got the yorkie I longed for also on my birthday...shes my best friend now! We are inseparable. I'm just as dependent on her as she is on me....i named her Paris Gene ❤(gene was after my daddy) I see and notice her hair doing just as mine and I'm so scared she hurts just like I hurt. Shes now 6 months old but I wont apply any medications or home remedies like I have on myself to help my symptoms. If it's not vet approved I am scared since shes only 3.4 lbs and will not get much bigger. Recently my mother was diagnosed with thrush and which is also a fungal infection of the mouth....now paris is showing signs of thrush white patches.. like not eating ...signs of mouth pain....and constant yawning....I can tell shes not feeling well but because shes a puppy still she likes to play even though not feeling well. I cant convince my vet that I spend every minute with her and I know my dog and shes not feeling well....just because he sees her jumping at a moment during her visit (she loves everyone and gets excited) but shes not acting herself. I dont want to act like I know everything because I do not but I'm 1/2 way through nursing school plus with my recent struggle with a diagnosis I've dealt with for a year because no one listened to me I learned so much about fungal infections...but I'm lost at how to help my baby girl....I know shes uncomfortable and getting worse daily. We have spent so much money trying to get a diagnosis and different treatments for myself that frequent vet visits only make me look crazy and financially not feasible. I hate even mentioning her not feeling well even though I can tell because I get told I'm being dramatic....but trust when I say I know how shes feeling. I feared she may catch whatever I might have and now shes showing the same exact symptoms.....she has constant knawing but no fleas or ticks or even dry skin. Are there any safe ways I can help her or any advice?

Sorry for the long rant but i kind of needed to vent.
ParisGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!