Thread: About ears
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #40
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Thankfully, Tibbe doesn't need long term allergy treatment as his are seasonal, intermittent. He only had paw itching once, during his allergic reaction that quickly turned into a bacterial skin infection, a reaction to his MVD prescription food, so it has otherwise worked well for him anytime we’ve used it for his eye, nasal watery drainage. But that actual skin infection took antibiotic injection and I think a steroid, was awful. He suddenly stank, itched all over, suddenly scratching all night, so come morning, off to the vet. Came home already feeling much better, was back to normal couple days later, that fierce itching done. Thank God for vets!
Benadryl is definitely something you should always have on hand for emergency’s. Had I not given Ollie some before I rushed him to the vet for his allergic reaction it would have been much worse. Both boys also have to take it before vaccines. Also if Penny is having a day where her reverse sneezing is bad I will give her some and it calms it down. Benadryl is probably one of the safest meds out there.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!