View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #9
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I remember years back reading in the Dallas Times Herald articles about tons of people using an OTC muscle builder/supplement of some type and it led to serious complications for too many, seem to think it was L-lysine or something but I was a 20-something and that was years back. Series of newspaper articles about it and my sister and I talked about it frequently as she'd taken a portion of a bottle of it. Not to mention, you have NO IDEA what ingredients are actually used, safety record of the drug over long-term use in dogs, the manufacturer or storage facilities unless you have pretty darn reliable empirical evidence you are willing to bet your dog's health on. Just because a magazine article mentions it by no means ensures any drug or supplement safety, if you know how many magazines generate content. And if Hill's Prescription dog food manufacturers can get it wrong, kill many dogs slowly, painfully, think what havoc some of these lesser-known, foreign-based or cheaper manufacturers or their supplies might wreak on unsuspecting dogs' health. Many OTC drugs/supplements contain potentially dangerous ingredients - this is from Google:

Yes. Many supplements contain active ingredients that have strong biological effects in the body. This could make them unsafe in some situations and hurt or complicate your health. For example, the following actions could lead to harmful – even life-threatening – consequences.Nov 29, 2017
I think you misunderstood me I did not get my information from a magazine article. I did learn in the article that ones study has been done and the AKC is paying for it. I am not using some cheap product what I am buying is human grade which has to list the ingredients and on their website of the brand I buy has a specific certification of analysis. You don’t know what’s in an aspirin for sure either but bet you take one when you have a headache. CBD oil is very safe and is much better for Callie’s liver then the pain medicine she would needed upped if it weren’t for the CBD oil. I did not go out and just buy some and give it to her blindly. I did A LOT of research on it and even talked to my vet about it. I would never do anything to harm Callie just help her and make her better. If only you could see the difference it has made then maybe you would understand.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!