View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Until product case studies with peer review are done for its use specifically in dogs, I'd be terrified to use it. The claims of the actual manufacturer as to the ingredients, benefits, safety measures used, toxicity, etc. are all just claims, with no proof as to any side effects or long term use results. For all you know, it could shut your dog's kidneys down one day or give him/her anemia or cancer.

I'd be very careful of using products that have no history of case studies of use/prolonged use or without government oversight and cited peer review. For all you know, some of the ingredients used are cheap, useless grains or filler, toxins or the lab they're mixed, produced, bottled and/or stored in is rodent/insect/pesticide-infested or resides near a chemical plant producing lethal products! Just because the manufacturer produces a lovely bottle of product with labels making beautiful claims doesn't mean the ingredients in it are as stated or actually do anything but produce placebo-effect per statements online or in a magazine that may all/partly be fake or paid for.

I just couldn't do it until I knew a whole lot more about the product's long-term efficacy knowing who paid for and did and commented on the results of the case studies and manufacturer's bona fides.
I’m using it for Callie and she’s like a puppy again and not hurting. The ingredients are listed on the bottle. In AKC family dog magazine I read an article how there are studies being done and the AKC is even paying for some. I disagree that it is as dangerous as you are trying to make it sound. I can’t speak for the pet products because I use human grade and like I said the ingredients are listed on the bottle. I much happier using this then adding another pain medicine which will for a fact effect her liver. Being done by the government and FDA honestly mean nothing much these days considering all the medicines and things they ok that kills people or has serious side effects.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!