View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #20
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_2018 View Post
He's still "working on" house training so he gets a ton of treats as well. I switch it up but I always pick treats with some nutritional value. He likes Fruitables, Crump's Naturals, as well as yogurt treats, rabbit ears, bully sticks, and "pepperoni" sticks from the local Bone & Biscuit. My kids like to make small homemade treats for him as well. He gets quite a variety, but I do worry about him getting the right mix of nutrition, which is why I do want to explore some other options. I can trick him into eating his kibble by hand feeding him or mixing it in with freeze dried liver treats in his little 'Tricky Treat Ball' sometimes. I tried a sample of a "raw kibble" which was more like little confetti-shaped leathers. He wouldn't touch it. I've tried putting chicken stock (no salt, onion, garlic etc) over his kibble to soften it, no dice... I even gave him the Petcurean Turkey soft food, which he was interested in on and off. He is super picky about dog food, but when it comes to people food he will eat pretty much everything! Broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, celery, potato, beans, lettuce, yam, squash, apple, orange, pear, kiwi, pineapple... Rice, quinoa, couscous, cheese... You name it, he will eat it. Whether its crunchy or soft, sweet or sour... He doesn't care. He hasn't met a protein he doesn't like, either. lol. Chicken, turkey, ham, bacon, beef, shrimp, fish, eggs, peanut butter... He will eat all of it quite happily. He just won't eat his darn kibble! He also tires of his treats. He used to love Whimsies but now he turns up his nose.

I don't mind cooking for him at all, so I'll check out balanceit.com.

What supplements do you use?
I would not give ham or bacon. Ham is very fatty and known to cause pancreatitis. You also could try Royal Canin Yorkie food, it has been known to be appealing to picky eaters. The website sells a supplement mix.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!