View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #9
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILOTthePuppy View Post
Hi All, we just got back from the emergency vet.

He was yelping whenever we tried to touch his ears, but he did not seem in pain anywhere else.

The vet examined him and said he most likely is reacting to the drops being in his ear. She said he was very bright and alert on the exam. She was looking for any neurological signs, redness, difficulty breathing etc.

I asked her about the steroid and she said topical vs injection/oral is processed a little differently, and that she was not concerned about it inducing pancreatitis.

There was nothing serious to note on his CBC bloodwork, so we are still battling his eating issues which could be due to us feeding the bland diet for a while.

When we returned home, he drank water and ate some of the food I gave him. It's not his normal food, but I mixed some chicken with pureed peas and carrots, and little non fat greek yogurt. I added some calcium powder and vitamin b complex as well.

His collapsing trachea really kicked into gear with all the stress today, but he is now peacefully sleeping my lap.

She suggested I continue the drops tomorrow clear up the ear inflammation but it's ultimately up to me.

Do you think I should try again tomorrow? It says to give 1 drop on the bottle.
Bless you.

It sounds as though his ear infection is painful. It doesn't sound as though ER had any heart or oxygen concerns. I would probably give the med to help him get over the painful infection. All assumes he has a decent night.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!