Thread: Best Puppy Food
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #13
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1108 View Post
....girl is on Taste of the Wild Puppy and will pick her up on June 5th...born April 10...the breeder just told me the mom isn't interested in nursing [the boy born April 29]
Hi again,

Thank you for the details. Am I reading that correctly--your 2-1/2 week-old male's "mom isn't ... nursing anymore."

Not sure how well he can transition to solid food at that young age. Are you concerned or is breeder worried the little man is in trouble?

Article, "Newborn Yorkies" published by YorkieInfoCenter says, "In the first 3 to 4 weeks, the dam will be the sole caretaker ..."

Another article refers to "Puppy fading syndrome" from which puppies can die. A vet hospital lists "Mother's neglect of the puppies by refusing to .... nurse them" as a condition that can cause the syndrome. The article lists actions that can be taken--but those seem tips for the breeder.

Finally, see the article, "Emergency Newborn Puppy Care," published by the nest. (Has section, "Feeding.)

Perhaps you've thought through these possible issues or maybe I misread your post.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!