View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #8
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
Thank you, Ann. Between the coughing and now the paw, My heart felt like it (and still is) lodged in my throat. I think I need her tested again. I know it. I feel that it might be an issue- I've read up on false negatives. It came out of NOWHERE. It coincides with her staying outside with her little pack. I can send you the video if you like, just let me know. Dan captured a few shots. She thinks she's tougher than she is, and she jumps off of things. Constantly. Here at home, we have landing pads everywhere. Over there, we don't. I know that she can hurt herself jumping down, and I know that she can hide it, being a terrier. I've heard, and SEEN other terriers hide an injury for sometimes up to 48 hours. I know that when the vet came into the room she stood on her paw and anxiously looked over at the man. I'd have laughed if I wasn't so worried. She's alert. Happy, eating. All of this has been normal for her (her appetite has been amazing for about 4 months now) she just is favoring her leg and WILL not walk on it. She'll stand on it, but won't walk. The little brat even jumped off of the bed sometime last night!!! I can't sleep and I know she won't sleep on the bed unless I'm there, but when I checked on her she was conked out. Thank you. I felt it was stupid for me to continue up the fever tree, but it's just.. a feeling.
I saw your other thread about hacking, and that you had her tested for Valley Fever in January. Still, it wouldn't hurt to do it again, since it can lead to the kind of symptoms you're seeing now. Hopefully, it's not that. Keep us posted on the results. Here is a link to an article on Valley Fever for people who want to read up on it: https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-p...-fever-in-dogs
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!