Thread: Probiotics
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
We tried ones from the vet and three other ones and they made her gassy and have diarrhea and everything else. My mom had the same issues when my dad pushed her to use them. I don't think they work for everyone.
No, even basic aspirin doesn't help everyone, just most, but makes some sick. Sounds like both your skin and fur family both have issues with probiotics except for Dad. How much of a teaspoon of probiotics did you give her?

But boy they sure have helped my Tibbe's life and thus, mine! Just the amount of worry when he was sick - just losing that - makes me eternally grateful to Lisa for encouraging me to start Tibbe on them. Not to mention the anguish of his suffering and my sitting by nursing him, trying to comfort him, sick with worry and endless trips to the vet all hours of the day and night. And oh, after watching him unable to get up out of the potty crouch as he had running diarrhea, his little ears back, eyes wide w/fright, that forcing huge doses of K-pectin down him only to have him spit it ALL back up all over the couch or floor! Don't think I don't celebrate the day he started on probiotics, especially since he couldn't take anything that didn't upset his GI tract - even oral antibiotics! I was so scared they would give him a bad GI upset but started him out on tiny, low, low bits of doses and built up to the 1/8 teaspoon. He did have some gas the first day or so but figured the digestive bacteria and enzymes were working and his tummy had to adjust.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!