View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #18
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Thanks for the tips and link, I am the type when I buy something I buy all accessories that go with it, then never use them lol. I had already placed my order when I realized I probably should have gotten a couple of sealing rings I was thinking the glass lid, but what would you use that for. I already have those steamer from years back lol.
I change the sealing rings according to the "smell" of what I am going to cook.
I have one that is for spicy foods and one for more dessert foods. They can smell!!!! I do clean after each use and store the lid upside down to air out the rings.

I really do not use the glass lid that much.... you may have a lid from another pot that you could use... I use when making yogurt and rice and after the food is done I may put the glass lid on for serving.

Check to see if you have steamer baskets that fit.... I use for steaming and sometime a basket for beans (legumes)

I use the trivet when cooking frozen ... keeps the food item out of the water so you don't have boiled meat.

You may want the little oven mitts they often show. I bought the clips and they really don't work well for me.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!