View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #15
Veemo
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Yes to the bolded...mine eat premade raw food & Princess sometimes gets food stuck way in the back, on top. I brush their teeth every night & sometimes, tiny pieces of food comes out on the toothbrush.
Yes it stinks bad!

If you take a really good look inside his mouth, you'll learn to see where food tends to get stuck. You can then pay more attention there when brushing.
That is really what I'm thinking too since he gets ground meat... and I've read that's a major problem people run across. Over the christmas break, I think I will just feed him chunks of meat for a week or two to see if there's any difference in smell. That way, there's less things likely to get stuck inside his teeth. I was talking to my mom about this the other day actually, since our other dogs tend to be gassy too and have stinky breathe on different days. May the food is getting stuck in their mouths, but since they get bones more often and bigger bones to chew, they have a easier time getting it unstuck? Because their breathe isn't constant stink, only a day or two, whereas Stuart has it all the time unless I brush his teeth. Perhaps it's easier for food to get stuck in his mouth since he's got such a tiny mouth, being only 6 lbs and all.
Veemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!