Thread: Orijen Dog food
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #6
RockyDad
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
We feed both Orijen and Royal Canin.
The amount of protein is not usually a issue is the dog does not have kidney or liver problems. The quality of the protein is what is important.

I watch more for high carbohydares rather than high protein.

I like the quality of Orijen protein but the kibble size is our only issue. I have to use a blender to break down the kibble size (she is very small). She likes the taste of Royal Canin Yorkie so I use that if I don't have time to blender the Orijen.

Again, if your dog has health issues special food considerations are needed, but if they are healthy the amount of protein is not a issue usually. That being said, all dogs have their own digestive process and that can be different from food to food.

Good luck!

This isn't an issue of protein amount or what the dog needs if they have health problems. The issue is that both of these dog foods are supposedly high quality dog foods, however, the #1 thing everyone says to look for as a sign of quality dog food is a statement from AAFCO on your dogs food saying it's been tested and meets nutritional breed specific standards. Which these dog foods don't have. Makes me wonder.
RockyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!