View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

{CONTINUED..}

How To Prepare Garlic For Dogs

Mixing allinn and alliinase forms allicin, the active medicinal ingredient in garlic.

Peel the cloves then mince, chop or crush your fresh garlic and let it sit 10 to 15 minutes before use. Allicin degrades quickly, so use the garlic immediately after the “sitting” period for maximum benefit. I measure and chop up my garlic and set my timer for 10 minutes. Measure out the right amount of garlic for your dog’s body weight and mix it into her food.

How Much Garlic Should You Give Your Dog?

For consistency and exact dosing, I use a measuring spoon. Clove size differs so using cloves as a measurement is subject to interpretation.
Using a level measuring spoon, feed the following amount per day, according to your dog’s weight.

5 lbs - ⅙ tsp
10 lbs - ⅓ tsp
15 lbs - ½ tsp
20 lbs - ⅔ tsp
30 lbs - 1 tsp

I use garlic in the fall, winter and early spring, while some people use it all year. When feeding garlic for health, I recommend feeding garlic every other week. Work with your holistic practitioner to find the most effective garlic supplementation schedule for your individual dog.

A Last Word On Garlic For Dogs

Everything in nature can be toxic in certain amounts. Common salt can kill and so can water. Yes, garlic for dogs may be dangerous when fed improperly, but that shouldn’t keep you from using it now that you know how to do it safely.

Don’t think you can get the dosage right? Don’t want to mince, chop or crush garlic throughout the week? Don’t have time to let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before use?

Then don’t feed garlic to your dog. It’s that simple.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!