View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #605
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I have a question about macro lenses. I don't want to pay the money for an actual one so I am seeing on Amazon macro lenses that screw onto your kit lens like a filter http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Achroma...cro+lens+nex+7 or extension tubes that screw onto the back end of the lens then you attach to the camera body Amazon.com : Meike® Automatic Extension Tube For Sony E-Mount NEX-7 NEX-6 NEX-5R NEX-3N NEX-F3 NEX-5N NEX-5C NEX-C3 : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

So what is the difference between the two? As far as I can gather, they both do the same thing. Is one better than the other? I'm thinking the one that screws onto the end like a filter would be easier to use and take off. What is the benefit for the tube extension?
Really wish I could answer this for you, but I just don't know for sure. Before I got my macro, I had a few of the screw on filters that I used...they were just okay, but keep in mind they were super duper cheap-o ones.

I think it it were me, I'd probably order both of these and then do side by side picture comparisons of both w/ my camera to see which suited me best.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!