View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Omg, you poor things - what a disaster on that first leg, I would've just died too....hearing that diarrhea going on ! That'd be awful.

So glad the return home went so great though! Makes one wonder what was going on w/ her tummy on that first day...like did she eat something, or get a virus/tummy bug...or was it nerves...?

You could also try (instead of Benadryl) acepromazine from the vet...it's a tranquilizer used for animals when traveling and may work better for you. Might be worth a try? Or calming sprays (aromatherapy) or pheromone sprays? A warming pad?
We actually went to my cousin's vet and got that exact sedative. It wore off after a few hours. Even after it wore off, she was the perfect angel and I didn't have to give her another one. She eat her regular meal before we left...no sign of anything weird. I believe her diarhhea was probably just stress. It took a few days for her stool to form but she is okay now.

On a side note, by cousin who I stayed with has 3 dogs and a fenced in one acre yard. For Duchess, it was like being in the dog park. She loved it.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!