View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
Scribbledpaper
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewiesMom
After reading that thread with 2 mil opinions about sneaking dogs in place, I couldn't help but wonder

Why do you sneak your dog around?
Will he not be ok while you run to the post office? or to pick up some toilet paper from the pharmacy?
Does he have to come? Or is it a novelty to bring him?
Do you like the attention you will get if someone sees him?
Will you worry about him getting into something while you're not there?
What exactly is it that is appealing about carrying a 3 to 10lb dog on your shoulder while you shop and run errands?

P.S. service dogs are obviously not included in this little test.
Bailey and Frogknot have only been to stores that allow dogs. We lived in Germany for 4.5 years and it's totally different there. We saw dogs allowed everywhere. Even restaurants!!! I was very impressed too. The dogs were very well trained and behaved themselves quite well. In fact, they were better behaved than a lot of kids I saw. It has it's pros and cons for both sides.

I have two kids (grown now) and one new granddaughter, and it still drives me crazy to go someplace and see the kids out of control and the parents not even noticing that their little angel is a monster. I tend to shop and attend movies off hours to avoid them.

I'm all for making your dogs and kids behave. Everyone's happier that way. (or at least I am lol)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!