View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Wet food fanatics over here! I've fed a lot of different types and definitely prefer the stew/chunky types over the ground/pâté style.

If you're looking for something easy to mix into kibble, I recommend a type like Weruva that's shredded and in a soupy liquid...TikiDog is also a good quality...shredded meat but not as much liquid as Weruva. Nature's Recipe is similar in consistency to the other two I've mentioned but available at more common stores like Petsmart/Petco.

I also really like the moist tub type foods like Earthborn or Natural Balance Stews...again, they contain more liquid so it would be easy to mix with dry food. These are also pricier but if you're only using a small amount, it's probably not as big of an issue.

For the past couple of months, I've been feeding Toki primarily Hill's chunky stew style food (both Science Diet and Ideal Balance)...she does really well on these! They're not really easy for mixing though since the chunks are somewhat firm and quite large (maybe up to a square inch).

I personally don't care for the ground/pâté canned food...I'll feed some of the types that come in single serving cans or if I find a good deal on a brand I like but it just seems messier and stinkier to me...and I just prefer the chunky types. I will say when Toki was a puppy and eating kibble, I would get a can of the ground food and flattened it in a ziploc bag to put in the freezer. That way it was easier to break off a small piece to thaw and mix into her kibble and wouldn't go bad before we used it all.

Just some of my preferences!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!