View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #12
hanluem
Yorkie Talker

Angry

I thought I would update this. my local pet shot does not stock dog probiotics but has put an order through and will phone when they are there.

Tilly has made no improvement infact it appears she has got worse. I am taking her this afternoon back to another vet for a second opinion.

The vet told us she would possibly get worse before she got better but im watching my poor pup wriggling round rubbing her face on anything and everything to get relief. the fur under her chin is fast dissapearing and a large scab in its place her mouth seems sore also. She sees her meds coming her way and she dissapears!!
I have kept up with her meds daily and I see no improvement only deterioration to the extent I would guess she is allergic to one of the meds! Last night she came out in hives!
I spoke to an online vet to which /I had to pay an online payment last night who advised benadryl and agreed with me something is not right and I should seek a second opinion.
She also agreed the vet should be looking for the underlying cause of all of this rather than treat the symptoms.
We hae changed her food to James well beloved puppy lamb and rice (as advised) and as yet seen no improvement but it is early days. She is constantly chewing at her feet also which would indicate allergies. I just want her to get better!!!

So she has an appointment in a couple of hours time at another practice for a second opinion. This is really money I dont have and cant claim through insurance as they very helpfully ommited ear and skin problems! Fingers crossed for a more competent vet who will look for the source rather than experiment with drugs that really are not helping!!! Poor dog has no fur round her eyes now just crusts and nastiness (that is being bathed daily) and no fur around her muzzle with nasty scabs that have matted in the hair she did have there!!!

It should also be noted I have also introduced apple cider vinegar to her water now and organic natural yogurt with live cultures to try to help her out a bit!
hanluem is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!