View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
I noticed improvement in about a month...I also use Gerber water to boil their chicken breast, salmon or tilapia & use it to moisten their kibble too.
I'm trying to grow Turbo's hair between the nose & it's now @ that stage where it's not poking his eyes, maybe that also has something to do w/it. But his red eye staining is completely gone. Maybe it went over to my Momo loll! Momo also has seasonal allergies, so he has weepy eyes, maybe that caused the red yeast since they thrive in moist places.
How long did you give them the Gerber water?
I used Gerber for a little over a month. But I didn't use it to moisten/boil their food. I used what I use for us - Poland Spring spring water. Maybe that had something to do with it?? I didn't even think about that. I did notice that Momo's tear stains went away completely when I cut the hair around her eyes. I've started to grow it back & the tear stains are back. I'm going to ask my vet about flushing her tear ducts when she goes in for her dental. I read some stuff about flushing on the Maltese boards. Have you ever had that done? If that doesn't work, I may just go back to keeping her eyes trimmed. It's always wet & goopy, plus it's not very attractive. I also bought some whitening gel from #1 All Systems - although I'm afraid to use it because it might get in her eyes.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!