View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Sarahleigh112
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Our baby might be needing surgery

This morning Jax vomited (the yellow stuff we usually don't get concerned about) then 10 minutes later he was vomiting blood. 4 times in 20 minutes! So we rushed him to the emergency vet an hour away. They tested him for pancreatitis, that was negative. Then they did x-rays.. the x-rays showed larges amounts of blood in his tummy and and his intestines were swollen and had an abnormal shape or pattern. Hard to explain and I can't remember the terminology she used. When he lays down he lays in the praying position with his rear slightly raised which she said is a sign that he is in pain.
Anyways, from the looks of the x-ray she said it may be that he has a thread, stuffing from a toy or something along those lines stuck in his intestines. They are keeping him overnight and doing a barium treatment (along with an IV for fluid, some pain meds, and an anti-nausea med) to see if they might be able to get a better view of what is causing the inflammation and abnormalities and if its not something that will pass on its own they will have to surgically remove it ASAP or it may cause damage to his intestines!

I'm worried sick about my baby and not having him here is making it so much harder!

Last edited by Sarahleigh112; 11-11-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Sarahleigh112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!