View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophias mommy View Post
I saw on your other thread that they think it's either a hernia or a mass. Well, Sophia has had both! Hers was an inguinal hernia, and not an umbilical one though.

Sophia had a mass on her shoulder that she got removed a couple of months ago. She was given about 5 days of pain meds, and it took a little over a week for her to bounce back to her normal self. The incision was much larger than I was anticipating (I attached a photo of her after surgery, you can kind of see it on the right). We also had to worry about the harness not touching the incision site. I doubt with the location of Peanut's mass you will have to worry about that. We did try to keep her from being too active so the stitches wouldn't pop. We didn't leave her alone in the house for over a week, because she kept trying to scratch the incision.

Sophia had the hernia repaired when she got spayed. Due to the location, it was in her groin area towards the leg, it was difficult for her to walk after the surgery. Once again, a few days of pain meds and then in about a week she was up and about.
That’s what I think it is as well… however that is what I want it to be LOL.

What is a inguinal hernia? Where was hers located?

I remember when Sophia had her surgery!! I remember trying to come up with ideas for her harness..Gessh Sophia has been cut up a lot in her life huh- Poor girl. I just think she is a little doll baby, I love seeing her pics!! She is just too cute!!

Not sure if Peanut’s mass will be harder or easier.. at least after he is able to lay down still on his side and try to be comfortable!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!