View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Exclamation How to fight FLEAS!

I've just compiled a bunch of sites that has some good info on fleas & how to get rid of them. Please share your ideas & any links!

How to get rid of fleas Naturally:
Video: Natural Ways to Get Rid of Fleas | eHow.com
How to Get Rid of Fleas Naturally | Veterinary Secrets Blog with Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM
How to Get Rid of Fleas Naturally with Baking Soda and Salt | eHow.com
How to Get Rid of Fleas Naturally: 4 Methods - wikiHow
(For #4 Making a flea collar: If using tee tree oil, please use it in diluted form, just 7 drops can cause severe poisoning & sometimes even death! For smaller dogs & cats, a lower amount can be lethal. Cedar Oil would be a good alternative to tee tree oil. Some dogs will try to take out the collar, if it gets stuck between their mouth, they can ingest the oils accidentally. Please use caution when using any collars.)

How to get rid of fleas using Pest Control:
HowStuffWorks "Flea Control"
How to Eliminate a Flea Infestation in Your Home: 16 steps
Fleas – Flea Life Cycles - How to Get Rid of Fleas

I've seen a flea jump on Mimi when we were outside. It quickly disappeared into her hair. I wondered, 'how do they see our pets?'
"Although newly emerged fleas need to find food within a few days, adults can go for a couple of months without a meal. Flea pupae can also stay in their cocoons for up to a year, waiting to sense the body heat and vibrations that signal the presence of nearby hosts."
"hungry adult fleas flock to you and to anything else that has a pulse"
imagine the glorified vampires looking like fleas! not as sexy now, are they? loll
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!