View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #24
msyorktown
♥Love My 3 Furrbutts♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4m2 View Post
I'm so glad the OP's pup is doing better.....

I just wanted to provide some info for future reference to anyone who is overwhelmed by this issue.

The only vaccine required by law is the rabies vaccine ALL the others are voluntary. This is a link to check if your state requires the vaccine at one year or three year intervals. It also lets you know if your sate allows for exemptions.......If your pup has had a reaction it should not be subjected to another vaccine. The reactions tend to get worse with each additional vaccine administration.

RABIES LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES as of 6/16/10

Any vet telling you vaccines are needed annually or even tri-annually is clearly uneducated on the frequency of their need, or he/she has their own agenda for doing so. These have not been recommended for at least 10 years. I wouldn't trust a vet who is not up to date on this important issue, makes me wonder what else their not up to date on. There are studies by Dr. Schultz that show seven years for parvo and distemper....

Lifelong Vaccine Immunity -- Why Vets Are Pushing Back | Truth4Dogs

Vaccines carry risks just like any other medical procedure, you as the pet owner should be the one who declines or approves their use.

These sites have a lot of info concerning vaccines...

Truth4Dogs

Top Natural Holistic Dog Health Care Book: Multiple Award Winner

This explains why combo shots are a terrible medical procedure to allow your vet to use on your pup....

Combo Shots for Dogs: A Dangerous Convenience | Truth4Dogs

This explains what to do in case of a reaction.....

Your Dog's Vaccine Reaction: | Truth4Dogs

The reporting of adverse reactions is strictly voluntary, it is not mandatory. The stats has it at less than 5%. We have no idea how many dogs are effected without this critical info. If your pup has a reaction you must have this info put in your pups file. Document everything, including the vial lot number, the place, time and doctor who administered the vaccine. You should also insist the vet report it to the proper reporting place. You should also contact the manufacturer and report it....This explains it for you.....

Veterinary Adverse Event Voluntary Reporting

If you need a vaccine schedule that will give you some guidance as to what vaccines are important Dr. Dodds has one to print out. Note that after the one year vaccine she recommends titers, not boosters. There are now new inexpensive titer test the vet uses in office for this....

DR. JEAN DODDS' CANINE VACCINATION PROTOCOL ? 2010

I hope this is of help to anyone looking for some guidance. The linked dogs 4 dogs site has a lot additional info for those wanting more in depth info. I
Thank you so very much for this...was trying to figure out how to save this ...computor dumb! Finally sent it to myself so I have it. Thanks again!

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawzGroomingSpa http://jlevy.scentsy.ca
msyorktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!