View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
gardengirl77
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I just had Heidi's rabies & DHLLP shot done last Thursday. She started acting a little lethargic & sensitive to touch shortly after we left the vet. She's never had a problem before. I told the vet I didn't want her to have the DHLLP shot and she acted very touchy & annoyed about the subject. She said I was "within my legal rights to decline the DHLLP, but it is required by law for her to have the rabies." I told her I was fine with the rabies, but was uncomfortable her taking the DHLLP. She went off on all the reasons why she should take it and its safe. So I got to thinking, well she is the vet and she's around this all time so she should know. I went ahead and did it. The next day Heidi seemed to be feeling worse and was feeling really hot to me. Took her back up there and sure enough she was running a high fever. The same vet wasn't there, but she was treated by another one who gave her a steroid shot. Within a couple of hrs her fever was almost gone, and by the next day she is back to herself. I learned my lesson! I'm not going to do that again. Makes you wonder what they are doing to these vaccines.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!