View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesmom79 View Post
i think i'm going to go with fromm, eventually and gradually work it into his diet. I will have him on what the breeder has him on but i worry because i see where wellness was recalled at one point.
I was just looking at fromm's puppy food and just wondered if it met the specific needs of smaller pups? I looked online and didn't find any that said for small pups. That's kind of what i was wondering because i know yorkies sometimes are prone to hypoglycemia and i didn't want him to have a puppy food that doesn't cater to small breeds. Sorry to keep asking but i was just curious. Thanks!
oh no problem , ask all you want.
I think the fromm puppy gold (pink bag) will be fine.
That is what my oscars breeder uses for all her puppies from weaning on up. Oscar was on it till about 7 months and he is in excellent health, then i changed him to adult food.
Yes , wellness was recalled at one point but i think that was mainly the large breed foods.
Fromm puppy is pretty gentle so if you are anxious about keeping him on the wellness it probably wont hurt to switch him right over to the fromm . Just watch him the first couple days . Another way to prevent hypoglycemia is to free feed. ( leave his food out all day) . Discard what is left at bedtime and put fresh food out in the morning..
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!