View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
tara5910
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default HELP! My morkie, Piper, in & out of vet - same symptoms

I'm new to the forum. I brought Piper, a morkie, home a month ago and she was 2 months old at the time. From the 2nd day of being home she had been in and out of the vet with the last one being for a week. Initially she had similar symptoms to being hypoglycemic and that is what we brought her in for since feedings of food, nutrical, and maple syrup just wasn't making the cut. Piper was diagnosed very slightly for parvo, I say slightly because it was so early in the stages she wasn't positive on all elements except for a few. She had a hight white cell blood count along with not eating, diarrhea, and dizzy spells/tipping over when standing. When Piper was at the vet this last week for a totally of 6 days, they administered plasma fusions. She came home yesterday groggy but eating well every 4 hours while still eating nutrical. Lastnight was the downturn, my husband and I have an eating schedule for her while still leaving food out. We woke up at 4am for her feeding and she was back to not having an appetite, tipping over, wobbly, lethargic, and glazed eyes. I have fed her every 2 hours since - feeding her the canned food my vet sent me home with in addition to nutrical and rubbing maple syrup on her gums. 13 hours later and nothing has changed.

I know this is a very long post and my first one at that however, this is my first time owning a 3 month old puppy and I have seen so many people with such good advice and opinions. Maybe there is something that I'm missing that I can try before I take her in tomorrow. Currently I feed 5cc's every 2 hrs and 1cc of nutrical with each feeding. My vet told me to feed her 10cc's every 4 hours. She is 3 months and 1.3lbs. Any help/suggestions and prayers are greatly appreciated! Worried mommy!
tara5910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!