View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Rambo Momma
Yorkie Yakker

Default LP - Is it Heriditary?

Hi, I need to know if you think I should contact my breeder. Rambo fractured his leg when he flew off my knee while we were at obedience class. It was touch and go whether they were going to do surgery on it but with a splint it seemed to heal it but he's still supposed to be "taking it easy" which is next to impossible with an almost 9 month old puppy. To date, I've spent $1300 just on vet visits (x-rays & splint changes) and now surgery has been ruled out for the fracture but being told he's got LP in both back legs but the one on the fractured leg will need surgery becausethe knee is sloping too much and they want to do when he's fully grown. The other leg would be done only if it was needed down the road.

My personal vet told me his knees are bad probably from breeding and quite possible when he fell with his knee not being 100% good it could have caused the fracture.

Should I mention something to the breeder. I'm not trying to get any money out of her but if this is hereditary I think she should know.

Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!