View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

[QUOTE=Nancy1999;3950767]A really good breeder would return the purchase price to pay for the cost of the surgery. As Yorkiemom1 says, "how she handles the situation determines what kind of a breeder she is". I'm sorry you are going through this, but your breeder does have a responsibility to the dogs she produces. Some dogs are small because of hereditary reasons, and others are small due to health problems such as liver shunt. Your breeder should have been aware of that, and suggested you get testing at 16 weeks. I'm also concerned about the rabies shot, haven't you had one already? Many people say the 1 year shot lasts as long as the 3 year shot. Are you sure you need this? I think I would do more research on the matter. A rabies shot has to be hard on the liver, and your dog probably isn't around very much wild life anyway is he?[/QUOTE]

REALLY need to do research here....rabies shots ARE hard on the dogs system, and they only need to be given every three years....the dogs immunity is good for AT LEAST that long...if he is having liver shunt issues, dont need to go there! Your breeder should be either refunding 100% of the purchase price, plus costs of diagnostic tests to determine the LS, and then assume 50% of the cost of the surgery...or she needs to refund 50% of purchase price, pay for the costs of the diagnostic tests and the surgery, if you decide to keep the pup. That is a minimal expectation....I dont think you can expect her to refund the entire cost of the pup AND pay for the surgery AND you keep the pup.... She can be stunned and amazed and in shock, but she needs to recover quickly and step up to the plate! This is when the breeder throws that plastic card up on the desk and says, "its taken care of".
Good luck with your baby....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!