View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

NOW the question is: WHAT KIND OF POISON/TOXIC SUBSTANCE DID THE PUP GET INTO, AND WHERE DID HE GET INTO IT AT???? You have a big job ahead of you....you have to find the toxin...did they do a toxicology screen on him?? That would let you know what he got into...insecticide? lawn care chemicals? bite of some kind? plant toxin? grooming product? flea control? Good luck but you now should be on a seek and search mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriLiftandRun View Post
Thanks for the replies. At the vets I am not sure they even considered a UTI, before I brought him in he was acting so strangely lethargic. I took him for another walk to see if he would perk up, and he did to an extent but he couldn't walk solidiy, was wavering from side to side and just - I can't even explain it.

I found an animal emergency hospital and rushed him there, by now I was convinced he had been poisoned. The vet said his vitals were normal but he has signs of toxicity. They put a water-pack in him to flush it out and he got quite a bit better (about 60% of normal).

I took him home and kept an eye on him, gave him a short walk at midnight. He still wasn't quite right but still a lot better. The next day (Saturday) he continued to improve and by the evening walk was back to normal strength and energy.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!