View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Charlies Mamma
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036 Doing Better

Well this is day 4 after surgery and we are on the mend Our pee no longer is a puddle of blood, we are not peeing in the home anymore and no more incidents of seizure like occurences. I did ask the vet that did the surgery about that and she agreed with the other vet that it was a muscle spasm/pain from after surgery. I also asked about the dragging of the leg after trying to have a BM and she said that when he was trying to have a bm he was using ALL muscles to do so and the ones that had been cut for surgery are included, the straining was causing pain and it was simply a compensation for the pain, it has not happened since and she assured me that he had no nerve damage as she had gone over all of his xrays and tests again for me.

Charlie is eating well and of course living like a king I am sleeping on the couch since he always sleeps with me and the bed is off limits (it sits to high) he isnt supposed to jump as high as our bed sits, so its the couch for mamma for at least 2 weeks when the stitches come out. I called the vet this morning and we can stop taking the Tramadol (pain med) today sand see how it goes, if he seems uncomfortable or restless then he has to start again still taking antibiotic and Prednisone. but all is looking good.

I want to thank those who is posting to my issue it really means allot

Mom to Bug and Charlie-R.I.P my sweet Charlie 2021
Charlies Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!