View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

He's no longer limping or keeping his head turned to the right like he did at first last night but he was unsteady on his feet today & then when I was rubbing his back, I could feel this hardness across his shoulders at about the withers that was bunched up feeling - to me. That is when I administered his first Tramadol, since I'd waited to give it after giving the Prednisolone because he was asleep & hated to double-dose him, he was so groggy. Not too long after that, the shoulder area felt soft again. The vet did say it could be neck - or anything - he just could not get him to react to any maneuvers or palpations. So, all we can do is just restrict his activity, no jumping, etc., & keep him quiet & on his meds. It is so strange to see my little perpetual motion machine who "talks" to me often during the day as you see him in the avatar, totally quiet, asleep most of the time & standing around almost like in a trance when he is awake. I sure hope we can figure out what is wrong so we can treat it if anything else should be done for for now, there's nothing more to do. He's seen two different vets so at least I have the benefit of two different assessments to go on. I'm wondering if he didn't fall & hit his head & he's got a low-grade concussion with a headache & possibly a neck strain but if he's concussed, he's got none of the neurological signs they look for yet & it will be 24 hours since whatever happened in about 2 1/2 hours. I have been singing the "Jesus Loves Me.....This I Know" tune to him, changing the lyrics to "....Loves You..." & he seems to love that. He just closes his little eyes & sighs. He loves to be cuddled & sung to, even when he's feeling so bad. Your prayers will surely be appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!