View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Cry ***Tibbe Hurt Been To ER Vet Twice - I'm So Scared***

Last night I fell asleep on the couch, got up at 1:30 a.m. to go to bathroom & saw Tibbe followed me though he just stopped in the doorway to the bath with his head turned to the right side, then just dropped down & lay there. He was wobbly when he got up to follow me into bedroom & limping on his left front leg. I lifted him & tried to examine him & he cried out so off we went to the E. R. Vet. They examined, x-rayed after a pain
injection and could see nothing fractured/dislocated nor palpate anything tender(he's so stoic), so put him on Prednisolone .4 ml. & Tramadol p.o. at home. He's been extremely lethargic all day though arousable so tonight I took him back in for another check. He was very animated at the E. R. clinic & was re-examined, blood drawn & his Lipase is high though no other enzymes are & the rest of the test WNL. He's not vomiting,
having diarrhea, is eating, drinking, peeing/pooping normally so the vet said we will just keep him on his regular diet for now & watch him for a while & do another blood test in a while.

We can only imagine that in trying to follow me from the couch to the bathroom last night, he either jumped off the couch without using his doggie stairs, missed one or more of the stairs & hit the floor hard & hit his chin or head or fell awkwardly & he's sore or injured. His neuro x2 now is completely normal but at home, he just stands in the middle of the floor until I tell him to "go to bed" or "come to Mommie" or "eat your dinner"
or something. He is not playing & just wants to sleep. The vet says it's probably the combination of the two medications making him lethargic. Do you think that is probably it? I'm so scared but trying to tell myself he is going to be okay & it is just the medication. I hope & pray he has a better day tomorrow. He's just got to be okay - I can't imagine this life without my boy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!