View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

For each one of this the time is different. I am facing this my dog Zoey at this point in time - not bone cancer but another kind.
I believe when she is no longer enjoying her regular activities of daily life, the walks, the pets, the meals, that the time is near.

Dogs can repeatedly arch their backs when they are in pain, obviously limps where none have been before. Sometimes dogs will draw away from pets as touch might be painful for them. You can take your dogs temp to see if she is running a fever. Have the vet show you how. If your dog is a tail wagger and stops wagging their tail for a whole day; that is also an indicator. If you are in a multidog household and she used to always play with the pack, and now draws back from that activity, it is also a signal that she is feeling weaker or more vulnerable.

I truly do believe that above and beyond what I have posted as "objective" signs, there will be a time that in your heart you will know. She will let you know heart to heart.

I am so sorry you are going through this it is a difficult journey, but at least one we know as owners that we are on. Do now with your pup, all those activities you both so enjoy. Create more memories. This time is a gift to us.

Hugs to you and yours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!