View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Theodore
YT Addict

Hi, there. My ted has a growth in this nasal cavity about two years ago. It was a mass (happened after he choked on a carrot). I took him to Animal Specialty Group in Glendale, California (after many,many vet trips.) He did have to have MRI. It was major surgery. They couldn't get it through the front; so they went in through his throat. They still aren't sure what caused it, but assume the choking incident may have caused a tiny particle to be stuck and tissue grow around it. It was weeks of poor breathing which eventually got so bad he sounded like a vaccum belt that broke (I was being told allergies, cold, etc.) You can look them up on the internet. Ted's doctor was Dr. Winters. I will look for his surgeon's name if you'd like. They are an excellent facility. Ted is fine and dandy these days...though he does sound like a little piggy at times. I feel so sad for you. I was sooooooo drained by the time I got to them, that I begged them to take him one night early because we were both so exhausted...and they did. Best of luck. All will be fine with the right care. It was expensive, but worth every penny. xo
Theodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!