View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
Jennyms319
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new, and I have a question, well its sort of a question, more like, I need advice. we have a 12 year old yorkie, and he's been having seizures, so we took him to the vet, and he was prescribed the usual pill that has been mentioned before, the name slips my mind right now, and it seems to have stopped the seizures, but now he's totally out of it. he's been on it for 5 days now, at first it was half a pill every 12 hours, but its been lowered to half a pill every 24 hours, but he sleeps all day, and when he wakes up, he stumbles quite a bit, and he has a dazed look. it hurts me to see him like this, and now when he stands, he'll rock his back legs up and down. I wonder if he's in pain. we all love him so much, my father the most, and even if we give the slightest hint about putting him to sleep, I can tell he'll have nothing of the sort happen. I just get this feeling he's not going to get better, I hope I am wrong though. when he had his first seizures, he bumped into furniture, so we have him in a baby playpen now, so in case he gets another seizure, he wont hurt himself.
I am very sorry about your little one. I know how painful it is to see them like that. My Hope had developed CHF after a very hard heartworm treatment. She would stumble and fall ove and have a very dazed look about her. I only had her for 3 months but to watch her slip away was very painful.
Jennyms319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!