View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
ArchiesMommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k. deem View Post
I have a total of 5 adult Yorkies in my home. Ranging in ages 14 years to 3 1/2 years old. The two oldest are brothers that I acquired years apart, but I have worked diligently for these old fellas. Tinker and Ted are now thriving!! I have posted about a mishap we had in November with Tinker and my younger male. Thankfully we are past that!! My older guys are toothless or nearly toothless. Once you find a diet they like, don't change or introduce too many different things. It is hard to get them back to the diet you want them to follow. My old guys eat rice, chicken and green bean mix. I cook the chicken and use a food processor to chop the chicken and green beans. I offer high quality canned food, low in protein in case they are interested. Sometimes not so much interest there. They love to be touched and held. True lap dogs they are!!! As for grooming, after years of full coat with the top knots and all, I have just this year puppy cut my older guys for various reasons. I think I am going to enjoy the shorter coats, especially when we camp this Summer! Good luck with your "new" older fur baby!!
Thank you! I actually have a baby food making system that I think would work really well for this! Thank you for the idea!
ArchiesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!