View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
mammamia23
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My dog Courage, who is around 4 or 5 years old, was just neutered this year and has been exhibiting some aggression as well. It's been almost a month since he was fixed, and I have just started taking him back to the local dog park. He is usually fine with the other dogs, and normally just runs around the park sniffing all the scents. This is when he gets most of his exercise, but I will take him for half-hour to hour walks on other days when we don't go to the park. He seems to get most aggressive after he has been playing there for a while, so I thought maybe it was because he was getting tired. We were getting ready to leave anyway and when he started snarling at a black lab (male) I grabbed him and leashed him and took him out. It seems to happen mostly with other males, and has happened a few times before he was neutered. But, as I said, he generally gets along well with other dogs. Every once in a while he just finds some poor beast he doesn't like and nothing will deter him from snarling and going after him! Could it be hormones or some other behavior I don't understand?
mammamia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!