View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte's Mom View Post
Well, I'm back. I put Latte on a food elimination trial and she has been eating hypoallergenic rabbit and potato by Royal Canin. She loves it and she seemed to improve, itchy-wise. We had a vet check int he 10th week of the food trial and he thought she looked pretty good. Then Spring came and the wind here in the high desert is blowing like mad, so she has been back on her tiny does (1/4 tablet .125mg/day for 7 days and then every other day for 14 days). I hate giving her the cortisone, but the poor thing is soooo scratchy and itchy. The nutritionist in my vet's office has been really trying to help and wants to try a different food-like a hydrolized protein. I maintain that at least half her problem is environmental. (Oh, she is also using Dinovite-a nutritional supplement with lots of good stuff for skin and yeast-prevention.)

SO, today I aksed about trying something like Zyrtec. He aid I could give her a 1/4 tablet. Has anyone tried Zyrtec? He recommended it over Claritin.

I have been obsessing over her for quite some time now...and have been away from the forum as a result. I am getting professional help. I would be glad to hear from someone again.
Varl testing and/or Goo for allergies. Varl has changed my Miss Mini's life, it is not a skin test, it is not overly expensive, and it is incredible. Goo has just been ordered and I'm trying it. If your obsessed as I am, trust me this is worth trying.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!