View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I would think it is time to let a dog go when its quality of life and its ability to live a dog's life are so impaired from disease and/or pain that it is suffering and/or can only lie there, made only to observe all the life around it, rather than getting to partake. Dogs very often suffer stoically and frequently do not show their pain by whining, limping or licking what is hurting, revealing only by their lack of their old vitality that they may be miserable. To someone like me, there is almost nothing worse than a poor dog having to exist in serious distress because its owner cannot bear to lose him, sometimes putting their feelings ahead of their helpless dog's bad medical situation. Have your vet advise you whether or not your baby can have a decent quality of life as Ellie May advised. I am so sorry that you are having to perhaps face such a heartrending decision but know you will do the right thing for your little loved one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!