View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Every dog is different with when they signal the need to go out and what the signal is. Most puppies in my experience start to become distracted and sniff around something in a circle or line pattern when they need to potty.

5 dogs right now and everyone is different.

Zoey will just stare at you- Sure I can read minds- Not.
Buddy will pace and whine a little.
Cozy will bark and circle then runs to the door- She is the most vocal about needed to go out.
Lucy will just stand and look at the door- Great if you see her get up but not if you don't- Another one who thinks I can read minds or she thinks she can open the door with her mind.
Roxy will look panicked and run to hide.

My previous Golden Lucky was the best about it. He would go to the door then run back to you cry "Urt" and run back to the door. If you were sleeping he would keep hitting you with his paw and crying "Urt."

We get trained long before the dogs do or maybe we are the only ones who actually are trained. They do get to dictate when they need to go out.

Some day I will have a fenced yard with doggie doors- That will be my heaven.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!