View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
BJBEVSBABY3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Dental Work for Yorkie

They really get you on the dental work. I lost Dee Dee our first Yorkie at 10 years of age from cancer. My husband was with me when they diagnosed her but we took her to 4 vets and everyone started in on what dental work had to be done before they addressed the cancer. They all wanted between $1200.00 to $1500.00. The main thing is the anesthesia, do they have someone who monitors the dog while they are under and watch them carefully until they come out of it. It would have been useless because before they could operate on Dee Dee's ear where the cancer started, she developed a large lump behind her ear on her neck. We kept asking if the cancer could have spread and they all said no which was a lie. After she lost weight and become very ill one of the vets was honest said you know we are losing her. They make a lot of money on dental work but the thing is I don't like to put my dogs to sleep unless it is necessary. My other dogs were a Doberman who had excellent teeth her whole life, a german shephard, same, and I raised poodles for years. No problems with them either. I wonder if due to the fact that Yorkies are so small and a deliate little dog they don't eat large bones or chew on hard toys and bones? My son has Shi Tzues (spelling?) and their Vet scrapes their teeth and keeps them clean when ever they go to the vet for any problem or for grooming. NOT where I live.
BJBEVSBABY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!