View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMiki View Post
So I try to watch my dog like a hawk when he's roaming around the house. i also partially Crate and Play Pen train him when I'm away or busy during the day.

Anyways he's pretty good when he's at my house and will poop or pee about 75% of the time on the pad and 25% of the time around or in the corners of my apartment.

What I try to do is say "Go Potty" over and over again in a calm fashion as he is pooping OR peeing on the pad. Then I follow it instantly with praise once he is finished and usually a treat.

Should I be using the same word "Go Potty" for both Pee and Poo?
I dont see why not, I did with all of my dogs. Unless you feel the need to use a spicific word for each.

It's quite frustrating when he seems to forget where to go and he will sometimes Pee on the pad then go poop a few minutes later in the corner even when I'm watching him. Or vice versa (poop on a pad then Pee in the corner usually a different corner because I always clean up really well)

(Frustrated) thanks
I'm wondering why you have not taken out doors to go potty?

If you watch him and know when he has the urge to go, why than are you not taking him out side. Is it your goal to potty train him to not go potty in your home. Normally pads or papers are used for accidents for those times when you are not home or do not see his nose to the ground in search of a place to potty.

Do you have access to a yard or out door area for him?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!