View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
TJCHRISYORK
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Liver shunt?!? What to do??

I first want to say thank you for taking a second to read this...dealing with something like this is so overwhelming and I feel like I am at the point of INFORMATION OVERLOAD.. which I guess is better then the "not knowing" stage...At this point I guess what I need is some direction on what the next right thing to do is....

I will give you guys the short version of what has brought us to this point and any help or feedback you have will be VERY APPRECIATED.....

I joined YT a few years ago when I/we got our first Yorkie,TYSON, and if it wasn't for all the great folks on here helping us thru the first year I'm not sure any of us would have made it thru our first year and I'm sure just like most Yorkie parents once you get your first Yorkie you just cant have one so Tyson got a sister. We got her from the same breeder ( I now use that word lightly since finding out she was running a puppy mill ) she is 4 years old today.MONDAY, 12-12, and we found out a few months ago after a lot of visits to the ER and many hundreds of dollars later that she has a liver shunt and I am at the crossroads of what to do, I know there is a lot of info on here and the PC about this but YT has ALWAYS been my go to on what to do with ANYTHING Yorkie and I need it now more then ever..I will write another post following this with some more detailed info on our how we came to find this out I guess the issue I'm struggling with now is Univ of Tenn vs. a general surgeon locally where we are in FL. Any info anybody can give or experience they have had with this would be great I have so many questions on how to make the best decision, on how to get us thru this anything will be appreciated, I will post a little more info on some other concerns I have with the tests that were done etc. THANKS SO MUCH for taking time to read this and any advice you can give me......

CHRISTINE
TJCHRISYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!