View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I really like the regular puppia harness that goes over the head. I tried the step-in version and I initially thought it was great. Then I was out in my front yard with ZoE attached to a 20ft long puppy training leash we had a HUGE problem.

She ran out as far as she could, so the leash was taught, and then she turned around and backed up (like she was trying to pull away from the thing restraining her) and I watched in horror as the harness slipped off right over her head! As I live on a main road, I was completely panicking as I called her to me. Thankfully she was startled she was free and ran right to me. I later checked the harness out and there was nothing wrong with it. A few days later, I took her out in the backyard in the same harness and I had made sure this time was on a tight as could be and she was again able to slip out of it. It's ok if the dog is in front of you, walking foward and pulling against the leash, but if your dog turns around (so it is then facing you) and backs up against the leash, the harness slips off right over the head. I have since thrown it out and will never use one again.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!