View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Present Storm blew in a pet Cockateil!

Last night when we were cleaning up the yard and setting the furniture back out there, a bird landed on the edge of the pool and leaned down and started drinking. The bird is a cockateil. Its a big guy too, very friendly. Clearly someone's pet. We got in a doggy crate and made a perch for it, we fed it cheerios and gave it water. It sings and it seems happy, likes to be touched and pet.
I want to find the owners badly! I do not want this bird. I am not a fan of domesticated birds, plus my dogs are going INSANE with it in the house. It was later last night when we found it, so we took care of it and I posted a lost & found on Craigs list, I posted on facebook in case any of my friends knew someone who lost their bird. Tonight we are going to a Red Sox game straight from work so we can't make signs tonight, but tomorrow we are going to make signs for a missing bird with a phone number and hope someone owns this bird. I have NO idea how to take care of a bird. I'm sure cheerios are not appropriate food either but neither of us can get to the store until tomorrow so that is what it has to eat.

He is cute though! Very friendly! I really hope we find the owners! Say a prayer!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!